Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ricotta frittata & a bird

A face book friend posted a link to a bunch of ramen noodle recipes, the other day. A few of the recipes caught my eye. Today I tried one of them, but of course I can't follow directions, so I changed it up a bit. Here is the recipe as it appeared on the Women's Day web site; Ricotta Frittata 2 cup(s) (10 ounces) frozen green peas 3 package(s) (about 3 ounces each) any flavor ramen noodle soup, but you’ll need only 2 seasoning packets 1 container(s) (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese 3 large eggs 0.5 cup(s) milk 0.5 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese 0.25 teaspoon(s) pepper 1 can(s) (14 1/2 ounces) tomatoes -- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bring a half-filled 4- to 6-quart pot of water to boil. Add frozen peas and return to a boil. Break up noodles as directed on package and add to pot. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles and peas are tender. Drain in a colander. Meanwhile stir ricotta, eggs, milk, Parmesan, pepper and the 2 seasoning packets in a large bowl until blended. Stir in noodles and peas. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake about 20 minutes or until set. Heat tomatoes in a saucepan or microwave until hot. Spoon over frittata. Cut in squares to serve.
My husband will not be ok with this as a meal. I heated up some EVOO & crushed garlic & cooked up some chicken breast. I added extra peas because I could not find a small package. I did not put the tomatoes in a can over it. When my creation (well not technically mine) was almost done I put the chicken, tomatoes, & cut up peppers on top of it with some parmesan cheese. My almost 17 year old daughter loved it. My husband said " honey it's ok for a side dish", then in a very nice way he asked me not to make it again. I think it lacked a little flavor. I think it needs diced onions, & some fresh cooked carrots. It did set nicely because of the eggs. All in all, I think this is an easy recipe, & it wasn't half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment