Sunday, September 9, 2012

Peter Pipper pick a peck of pickled peppers

 I planted about 6 pepper plants this year, so I have enough peppers for all of the tri state area. My husband does not like the hot peppers as much as I do. What AM I GOING TO DO with all these peppers.   I decided to pickle peppers, &  make hot pepper jelly a few weeks ago. Yummm it is so good.  I made more today. I also made watermelon, rosemary, and mint jelly. Great now what am I going to do with all this jelly?   I went down to the farmers market today to get info about setting up a table to sell my jelly, & a few can goods that I've made. The market is   held at the square in a small town near where I live.  There were about 10 tables set up. People were selling veggies, honey, bread, candles, & soap. One lady had 2 jars of blackberry jam on her table along with some honey. That's the only jelly that was there.   I started up a conversation with the couple who were selling breads. I had to try the tomato bread, so I bought some.  I asked them about the fee, time, & other info for the market.  The first time is free.  FREE I like free. After that it is $5.00 or 10% of your sales if they are under $5.00.  It's from 9-12 on sat morning, and you must live within 50 miles.  Yup, I do. You just show up & set up.  I also asked about the parking lot down the road where people are always selling stuff, kinda like a flea market.  Well, ya just go there, set up, & maybe, just maybe someone will be around to collect a $3.00 for the use of the space for the day. WHAT!!!!!!!   Back where I come from they have a much bigger farmers market, & I'm pretty sure you have to somehow pre register. There is no "flea market" place where lived in NY, I'ld have to think if there was the fee would be more like $25-$50.   Next weekend I think I am going to bring my teens, have one go to the flea market spot, with yard sale stuff.  The other child will sell my canned goods & jelly. I'll go back & forth between places. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment