Sunday, September 30, 2012

my apple crisp recipe

Apple crisp

A few weeks ago I bought some apples, they were demolished in days. Yeah, an apple a day keeps the doctor away;-). I was delighted my kids were eating something healthy. I figured ild buy more apples. Yup, they sat in the refrigerator about a week. The bag hadn't even been opened. I had an incredible awesome idea,( every so often that happens) I would make apple crisp.
     Here is my recipe, but once again I don't measure very well. I know how, I just choose not too. I'm a rebel like that.
  • 9 delicious apples I had delicious so that's what I used) peeled and cord them, I cut them into quarters, then cut the quarters into quarters.
  •  I placed the apples in a bowl I had put about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in
  •  I added about 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • I also added about 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, WHY? Because as I was digging out the brown sugar I noticed the vanilla had just a tad bit left in the bottle, so why not use it up



  • I mixed it all up and dumped it in a 9 by 13 spray oiled pan

Now for my favorite part, THE CRISP!!!!
  •  1 cup oats
  • 1/6 cup stevia
  •  2 tablespoons flax seed ( shh don't tell anyone, I'm try to make it a little healthy)
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • a dash or 2, or 5 of cinnamon
  •  1 stick of cut up butter
  • I mashed this all together, I started out using a fork, but decided my clean hand would get the job done faster
  • I mixed in a finely chopped cup of walnuts
  •  crumbled my crisp on top of the apples
  • pop it into a 375 degree oven for about 45-60 min
And ta-da, apple crisp is done
Top with whipped cream, or ice cream and enjoy.
 
   Now it feels like fall.


     As I was peeling, and cutting, the apples I was thinking of making apple pie, apple crisp, apple sauce, apple everything, at my cousin's house in NY. I miss that. I miss apple picking too. NOW GO MAKE SOME APPLE CRISP and let me know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment